• 1 (12 pounds) turkey
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 2 tablespoons dry mustard
• 2 teaspoons ground sage
• 1 teaspoon each garlic powder, dried marjoram leaves
• 1 teaspoon each dried thyme leaves, paprika
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
• 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
• 6 ripe Bosc pears, peeled, cut in 1/2- inch pieces
• 4 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 cup dry white wine
• 3 tablespoons brown sugar
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/8 teaspoon pepper
• 11/2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
1. Prepare turkey as per package instructions. Brush skin with 2 tablespoons olive oil.
2. Combine mustard, sage, garlic powder, marjoram, thyme, paprika, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
3. Sprinkle seasoning mixture over the turkey.
4. Follow roasting directions on package. Let stand 15 minutes before carving.
5. Meanwhile, combine pears, garlic, wine and brown sugar in medium saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat then reduce to medium-low. Cook 25 minutes, or until pears are very tender and most of wine has evaporated. Place pear mixture into food processor container fitted with steel blade; process until smooth. With machine running, slowly add remaining 1/4 cup olive oil through feed tube to make a smooth and creamy puree. Pour into medium bowl. Stir in lemon juice, salt and pepper. Serve at room temperature or refrigerate until ready to serve.
6. Carve turkey. Serve with Garlic-Pear Puree.